on friday, with a simple click of a mouse, i submitted the manuscript for my second book. and then i shipped a big box full of knitting and sewing samples to be photographed.
and then i cried just a little bit.
partially because it's my baby. partially because it was turned down by a lot of publishers before finding its home with Voyageur. partially because for 18 months i have been writing, transitioning immediately from one book to the next without a day off and i am exhausted. and mostly because i am really happy with how everything turned out. i truly believe it is a better book than i could have written three years ago, had it been whisked up right away. being given the opportunity to write TYV Crafting with Kids taught me a lot about writing, discipline, deadlines and organization, and for this entire experience i am so very grateful.
so, on saturday night, we took the girls out to celebrate. and i did not bring any knitting in the car. we talked about music and art and the future and the album and how we're psyched to bring it to the stage. we laughed and clinked frosty glasses and ate delicious mexican food. and as we drove past the kiddie park en route to the freeway, we noticed that the carousel was moving.
i whispered, "do it!" he grinned and pulled a u-turn. and we savored a spontaneous hour of them squealing with complete joy, ride after ride.
and now that i'm on the other side of this marathon, i am being very deliberate in slowing down, and dedicating my energies to doing one thing at a time as much as possible -
- hello, cooking dinner for my family every night again
- hello, baking cookies and muffins and breads with my girls
- hello, pulling weeds + planting vegetables + flowers (hello, tend!)
- hello, reading!
- hello, sewing clothes for my girls for fun
- hello, knitting a special something for a friend with a big milestone ahead
- hello, reacquainting myself with daily exercise (ahem)
- hello, falling back into our routine of daily art time together
- hello, sketching + collaging + opening up to inspiration again
and hello, blog! it's so nice to be in this space again, friends. i'll surely need to find my footing here, and discover my voice again. thank you for joining me as long as you have. and thank you for staying along for the ride. i hope you are enjoying yours! xoxo
- jennifer | JCasa -